Electronic/Mechatronic Engineer20/10/2020 Tyvak International
As an Electronic/Mechatronic engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nanosatellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for hardware development during all phases of a development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, integration and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
Specific tasks will include:
• Working in a small team environment closely with software, mechanical and system engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
• Participating in hardware requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing discussion with multiple team members.
• Schematic design and layout of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) mainly for digital systems with distributed power regulation.
• Work with PCB manufacturers to coordinate fabrication and assembly of new designs.
• Develop assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
• Support system level integration of multiple hardware designs while working with software developers for debug, test, and requirements verification.
• Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for ongoing and future projects
Specific requirements may include:
• MS in EE or equivalent degree required.
• Experience with electronics CAD software (Altium Design preferred).
• Experience using standard laboratory test equipment required: oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter, logic analyzer, signal generator, etc...
• Ability to work methodically in a lab environment to maintain cleanliness and organization.
• Methodical electronic circuits system debug skills
• Ability to document complex mixed signal design architectures for review
• Knowledgeable with common physical layer protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet)
• Meticulous design documentation, and attention to detail
• Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
• Experience soldering for debug and board modifications as needed
• Experience with modern satellite avionics design
• Comfortable working within a Linux command line environment
• Understanding of best practices to reduce EMI in PCB design
Proficient use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
To apply for this job and access to the Selection Day, candidates must participate to the Tyvak Open House event, according to the instructions here: bit.ly/Tyvak-Openhouse2020