Android Developer Specialist12/07/2021
Division: Mobile App Team
Reporting hierarchy: Mobile app Team Lead
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
A mobile application developer proficient with Android SDK. Build applications with server backends and also integrate multiple REST APIs with application. As an Android mobile application developer, you will be working closely with both frontend and backend teams to design, develop and test our native Android application.
• Work with users and mobility/planning team to understand requirements.
• Work with backend developers to integrate REST APIs in a secure manner.
• Develop new functionality and maintain current Android application
• Write unit and UI tests to identify and correct bugs
• Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
• Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
• Work closely with front-end team for harmonious design and consistent features across mobile and web apps.
• Work with the Devops team for build and deployment activities.
• Report directly to the Mobile app Team supervisor on work times estimate and progress.
• 1-2 years of professional experience in the role. Ideally the developer has previous experience in developing mobile applications that deal with location data collection, processing and visualisation, including use of map providers.
• Degree in scientific and computer disciplines
• Languages: Java and Kotlin knowledge is essential.
• Design pattern: General knowledge about design patterns.
• Architecture: Experience working with applications with REST API based backend architecture.
• Database and data structure: Knowledge of JSON.
• IDE: Experience with Android Studio is must.
• Code versioning: Git is essential.
Nice-to-haves (ordered by preference):
• Knowledge of Firebase
• Languages: Knowledge of React Native or Flutter is a plus, with knowledge of Flutter having a slight preference over React Native.
• Framework/design pattern: Knowledge of MVVM is ideal, knowledge of other design patterns like MVC is ok.
• Architecture: Some knowledge of working with MQTT or similar messaging protocols. Experience building apps with microservices architecture is preferable/optional.
• Database and data structure: Knowledge of MongoDB. Preferably also knows about GeoJSON data format.
• Code versioning: Gitlab knowledge is optional, but a plus.
• Other skills: Knowledge of IoT Protocols like MQTT is a plus but optional.. Knowledge of working with cloud solutions like IaaS (AWS EC or similar offerings in GCP, Azure etc.,) or PaaS (Heroku, AWS EB or similar offerings in GCP,Azure etc.,) is a huge plus but optional.
• Willing to learn quickly and adapt.
• Flexible in handling requirements and working with other team members.
• Good documentation practices
• Problem solving ability
Riferimenti per la candidatura