IT System Engineer05/04/2022 Evo
Evo is the anti-forecast. We monitor billions of people, places, products every day for transformative, real-time software delivery: robo-advising daily supply chain, pricing and customer decisions. Artificial intelligence achieves 20-30% improvement within the first quarter of use.
We are a curious, passionate and principled team of international professionals working from anywhere in the world with offices in London (UK) and Turin (ITA). Our clients are likewise global, working in consumer goods, retail, utilities, logistics, fashion, insurance and more.
The IT System Engineer will join the Technology team and report to the IT Manager. This role offers a hybrid working pattern, and the candidate must be available to travel to the Turin (Italy) office when requested.
The IT System Engineer is responsible for performing functions such as evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications and programs supporting the company infrastructure, business processes and operations. Other functions include analysing, installing, modifying and supporting operating systems, databases, and utilities software. The IT Systems Engineer also plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions.
- Deploy and manage business-critical applications in hybrid infrastructure like cloud + on-premises (using virtualization technologies like Microsoft Hyper-V and vmWare vSphere and container-like cluster environments)
- Collaborate with engineering and security teams to coordinate on IT policies
- Build policies and scripts to support company-owned devices
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material to internal employees and IT staff
- Work with Technology, People and Client teams to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop tooling and processes to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Participate in general IT operations and user support
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to drive initiatives
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Oversee and provide operations support, including account management, workflow, log analysis, troubleshooting and service optimization
- Assist in ongoing evaluation and management of major vendor relationships and outsourcing arrangements
- Develop system-monitoring and support automation to enhance and scale the quality of support
- Professional experience supporting Linux servers
- Professional experience with Docker and container orchestration tools (Docker Swarm and K8S)
- Hands-on experience supporting Windows clients
- Hands-on experience working in Microsoft Azure and AWS environments
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible and Chef
- Experience developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks (knowledge of python language is required, knowledge of Powershell scripting language is an asset)
- Ability to use GitLab/Hub and their CI/CD tools
- Fluent English to be able to communicate with our global team
- This position requires the candidate to already hold a valid work permit for Italy via EU citizenship and/or a pre-existing, valid visa.
Your role, like all others, requires open mind, ability to adapt and can-do mindset. This may stretch the boundaries of your previous experience and education!
Riferimenti per la candidatura