The world is changing rapidly and the ability to anticipate risks and provide effective solutions to face the effects of climate change is more important than ever. The social and economic impacts of climate change have serious consequences on both human beings and the environment, and the need to understand how to mitigate the damages and adapt to them strategically is nowadays a key issue.
The 2nd level Specializing Master in "Climate Change: adaptation and mitigation solutions" of Politecnico di Torino proposes a programme aimed at providing a comprehensive understanding of the climate change impacts and the innovative technologies that will drive the mitigation and adaptation responses to global warming. The need of the Master to combine education with innovation has led to the collaboration with I3P, the innovative company incubator of Politecnico di Torino that supports the creation and development of high-tech start-ups, which provide innovative solutions to deal with the severe climatic crisis we are facing.
Together, the Master in Climate Change (Politecnico di Torino) and I3P organized the seminar “Eco-innovation and sustainability: the role of start-ups”, an event that will describe how to create and manage a start-up and provide three case studies of newly-founded companies - Aquaseek, Midori, NGV Powertrain - that successfully work in the field of climate change, in terms of both adaptation and mitigation.
- Aquaseek patented the Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG), a game-changing technology that uses atmosphere as a pure water source.
- Through its smart meter, Midori gives users data on the consumption of their home appliances, increasing awareness on energy usage and providing accurate tips to reduce energy wastes.
- NGV Powertrain manufactures power systems fuelled with natural gas, biomethane, dual fuel, hydrogen and hybrid-electric to achieve the goal of zero impact emissions.
Following the start-up presentations, Enrico Ghia, Operations Manager of I3P, will host a roundtable and foster an active discussion with the audience.
How to join
The event will be held in English language and will take place in I3P (Corso Castelfidardo 30/A, 10129 Turin, Italy). Participation is free, but registration on Eventbrite is required in order to access the event.
- 09:30 - Welcoming and Introduction: Enrico Ghia, Operations Manager, I3P
- 09:40 - "How to found a successful and innovative start-up", Enrico Ghia, Operations Manager, I3P
- 10:00 - Presentation of Midori: Christian Camarda, CEO
- 10:20 - Presentation of NGV Powertrain: Cesare D'Ippolito, Business Development Director
- 10:40 - Presentation of Aquaseek: Marco Simonetti, CEO
- 11:00 - Roundtable + Q&A