The Pitch Competition aims to stimulate investments and growth opportunities for new disruptive businesses and provides the stage and launch pad for your venture. The call, open to start-ups and scale-ups that propose innovative business projects, has been designed and organized by Fondazione E. Amaldi in the framework of the NSE - New Space Economy ExpoForum 2022.
The final winners of the competition will receive prizes for a total value of €30,000 divided as follows:
- First place: €15,000, divided in €10,000 in cash and €5,000 in services;
- Second place: €10,000, divided in €5,000 in cash and €5,000 in services;
- Third place: €5,000 in services.
I3P, the Innovative Companies Incubator of Politecnico di Torino, is one of the sponsors of the initiative and partner of the project, through the ESA BIC Turin program. As such, it will also offer its own prize in services: an incubation path in I3P from 3 to 6 months, including strategic consultancy, coaching, mentoring and fundraising support, to foster the development of the most promising new business projects.
The winners of the competition will be revealed on December 3rd, 2022 during the Award Ceremony starting from 12.15 pm CET. The selected teams will then have the chance to pitch during the closing ceremony of NSE ExpoForum 2022 in front of investors, corporate partners and space agencies.
How to join the competition
In order to participate, you will have to:
- carefully read the regulation available on the official website of the call;
- register on Eventbrite by filling the dedicated form and including the YouTube link to your video pitch, of a maximum duration of 3 minutes, presenting the key elements of your entrepreneurial idea. The pitch has to be uploaded on YouTube in video format and in private or unlisted mode.
The pitch is the vehicle for the promotion of the project, and as such it must contain the information necessary for the evaluation process, including the value proposition, the market, the competitors, the team and the requested funding.
The videos submitted to the Pitch Competition are selected based on the following criteria:
- innovation and originality of the business idea;
- usefulness of the proposal in terms of needs met;
- feasibility in terms of competitiveness and consistency of the marketing plan;
- scalability, i.e. the replicability of the project in terms of internationalisation and finding new markets.
The application deadline is November 30th, 2022.
Discover more about the event and read the full regulations here: nseexpoforum.com