UniCredit Start Lab, UniCredit group's business platform dedicated to high-tech start-ups and innovative SMEs, has reopened its annual call.
The initiative, which celebrates its 11th edition this year, aims to support selected innovative companies by fostering the creation of connections with corporations and investors and offering targeted technical support through management training and mentorship programmes.
The call for start-ups
Among the novelties, the 2024 edition will involve 6 Corporate Partners - Barilla, Cisco, Fincantieri, Granarolo, Iren and Jakala - who will identify one or more start-ups among the finalists to whom they will offer various collaboration opportunities. At the same time, thanks to the partnership with ICE, a shortlist of innovative companies selected by Start Lab will have the opportunity to take part in the "Global Start Up Program" initiative and enhance their internationalisation path straddling Europe, the United States and Asia.
The UniCredit Start Lab 2024 call is aimed at innovative entrepreneurial projects in five fields of interest:
- Innovative Made in Italy: Agrifood, Fashion & Design, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Mechanics, Tourism, Industry 4.0;
- Digital: Cloud Systems, Mobile Apps, B2B Services & Platform, Hardware, Fintech, IoT;
- Clean Tech: Renewable Energies, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Mobility, Waste Treatment;
- Life Science: Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Digital Health Care, Assistive Technologies;
- Impact Innovation: products and services capable of generating a social or environmental impact.
The best proposals will have the opportunity to benefit from the support of Corporate Partners, to conduct business matching meetings with national and international entrepreneurs and investors for commercial or investment purposes, to participate in the Start-up Academy (an advanced managerial training course), to take part in a customised mentorship programme, to receive support in the development of ESG strategies, and to have a UniCredit relationship manager for their banking needs.
Start-ups and SMEs can submit their project proposals until April 17th, 2024, by registering on the UniCredit Start Lab platform and following the steps set out in the initiative's regulations to apply for selection.
The presentation events
To meet start-ups in the territories and present the opportunity to apply for the Start Lab platform, UniCredit has organised a Roadshow 2024 that will pass through several Italian cities. The meetings will involve a number of partners supporting new technologies and next-generation entrepreneurship, and will take an in-depth look at the dynamics of the industry and the main trends observed.
The roadshow stages currently scheduled are:
- Turin, February 9th: "How ESG dimensions impact business prospects and equity research for start-ups"
- Padua, February 13th: "Exploring the future of innovation: national benefits and case histories"
- Palermo, February 23th: "Innovating to grow: strategies and resources to support start-ups and the ecosystem"
- Rome, February 27th: "Strategies for national and international expansion of start-ups"
- Naples, March 5th: "Growth strategies for start-ups: optimising resources at different stages of the journey"
- Milan, March 12th: "ESG Sustainability and Impact Financing: A Future Business Guide to a Positive Impact Path"
For more information and to participate in the single roadshow stages, it is possible to write to UniCredit at the dedicated e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.