Starting on April 20, applications are open for the Meet in Italy for Life Sciences StartUp Breeding 2022 - MIT4LS SUB2022, the seventh edition of the initiative as part of the main national event for partnering and updating in the life sciences field.
Meet in Italy for Life Sciences - MIT4LS - has always been a welcoming home for start-ups, as witnessed by their participation in previous editions. Since the first call, more than 330 applications have been collected, with 110 start-ups that have benefited from training sessions and presentations, involving more than 140 investors and industry experts. Thanks to an extensive network of partners - more than 30 among investment funds, innovation centers, incubators, accelerators and other operators in the sector - SUB2022 provides several opportunities for the realities that will be selected by the committee of experts and specialized investors.
The call is dedicated to life sciences innovative business ideas and start-ups working in the following areas:
- Medical devices
- Digital health
- Related value chain activities
Finalists will immerse themselves in a tailored entrepreneurial journey through thematic seminars and in-depth sessions with expert coaches, who will help them hone and leverage their full business potential, ahead of the initiative's final event, the Atlantis Pitching Arena 2022, to be held on October 19, 2022 in Milan, Italy.
The Arena will conclude the journey of the young candidate companies, with the presentation of the pitches in front of potential corporate partners and international investors, as well as the awarding of the title of most innovative proposal of MIT4LS 2022 and of the many special prizes offered by the network of partners. Among these is the I3P SUB2021 Special Prize: as on last year, the Innovative Companies Incubator of Politecnico di Torino offers one year of free incubation for a start-up, selected by the prize jury. The support program that will be made available consists of:
- an all-inclusive coworking space for 12 months at I3P, for 4 people from the team;
- intensive tutoring and mentoring from its experts and network;
- participation in all networking events organised by I3P;
- presentation and support in contacts with potential national and international clients, investors, industrial partners, and local suppliers;
- support in relations with banks for debt financing in accordance with I3P agreements.
How to join the call
Aspiring candidates must download the application form, the information and authorization to the processing of personal data by following the instructions in the "How to apply" section of the official website of the initiative. In particular, it is necessary to send:
- the application form completed in all its sections
- the pitch file
- the authorization to the processing of data signed at the e-mail address email@example.com
Proposals submitted must have a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) between 3 and 5; for details please consult the specific document available online. All application materials must be submitted in English and will be treated as non-confidential. The deadline for applications is Friday, May 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CET.
Proposal selection criteria will be:
- Experience and skills of the team
- Description of the proposed solution and related context (in terms of clarity and technical/scientific soundness)
- Market potential
- Marketing strategy and description of competitive landscape
- Revenue stream and financial plan credibility
- Quality of the attached pitch
For more details and updates, please visit the call's website.