PwC Italy, CrowdFundMe and I3P launched the new Call for IP initiative, the first programme designed to enhance Italian intellectual property and patented technical inventions. The call represents an opportunity for territorial innovations and allows to start a contamination process between inventions from the academic, corporate and financial worlds.
Selected patent initiatives will have access to a strategic and economic valorisation path, consisting of:
- raising capital on CrowdFundMe through access to the portal and to a well-established pool of investors for the launch of equity crowdfunding campaigns;
- access to the services of the PwC Tech Hub to enable technology transfer processes;
- for patent initiatives at a not fully mature stage, provision of a virtual incubation path in I3P with the aim of maximising their growth.
From September 13, until the closing date for entries on December 13, 2021, companies already established as limited companies with registered offices and operations in Italy may submit their applications, which must relate to the economic exploitation of one or more related patents.
To be eligible for the call, patents must belong to one of the following fields of application:
- Agri Tech and Food Tech
- Automotive and Transport
- Construction, Manufacturing 4.0
- Green Tech
- Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Life Sciences
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- Smart Materials and Nanotechnologies
- Utilities and Energy
For more information and to apply until December 13, you can visit the official Call for IP website, where the full rules and regulations and details of the application evaluation process are available.